Rhinoplasty offers phenomenal facial plastic surgery results for individuals around the globe because nose surgery improves the individuals overall facial appearance. It also allows a person to correct structural defects such as a deviated septum and restore the nasal function.
Although rhinoplasty represents a top facial plastic surgery option, many myths persist about the procedure that may cloud an individual’s judgment about the procedure. Fortunately, Dr. Babak Azizzadeh of the CENTER for Advanced Facial Plastic Surgery wants to help put these myths to rest.
Dr. Azizzadeh is a Harvard-trained facial plastic surgeon who understands the ins and outs of rhinoplasty and is happy to share his nose surgery knowledge with patients at any time. Plus, Dr. Azizzadeh is internationally renowned for his facial plastic surgery expertise and has helped many CEOs, celebrities and other famous people enjoy the benefits of rhinoplasty.
Today, some of the most common myths about rhinoplasty include:
- Rhinoplasty is a simple facial plastic surgery procedure. Because rhinoplasty is such a common procedure, it may seem like it is simple to reduce the size of the nose, but rhinoplasty is actually a very complex and intricate procedure. As such, Dr. Azizzadeh will dedicate the necessary time and resources to ensure an individual can get the best rhinoplasty results possible. In addition, Dr. Azizzadeh is also board-certified in otolaryngology (head and neck surgery), giving him a keen insight into not only facial aesthetics but also the nasal anatomy. He will evaluate an individual’s nasal passages, bone and cartilage structure, and skin thickness before nose surgery to develop a safe, effective treatment plan.
- Any plastic surgeon can perform a rhinoplasty. When it comes to rhinoplasty, having the best plastic surgeon perform the procedure is essential. As mentioned before, rhinoplasty is a very complex procedure and should only be performed by an experienced facial plastic surgeon to ensure the best possible outcomes and avoid unwanted complications that require a revision surgery. Fortunately, Dr. Azizzadeh is a rhinoplasty expert who has completed hundreds of successful nose surgeries over the years. He is a globally recognized facial plastic surgeon and will do everything he can to help an individual achieve his or her rhinoplasty goals.
- A nose job will look unnatural. The goal of rhinoplasty is to enhance the appearance of the nose and create a more balanced face. Dr. Azizzadeh does everything he can to achieve this goal with natural outcomes. To do so, he will collaborate with a patient throughout the rhinoplasty surgery journey and ensure the nose complements an individual’s other facial features, resulting in a balanced and natural-looking facial appearance. In fact, many of his patients tell him that their friends and family never even know they had a rhinoplasty!
- Rhinoplasty is a painful procedure. Many of our patients are surprised to find that rhinoplasty recovery is not as painful as they anticipated. Bruising and swelling are common after rhinoplasty, but these problems will subside in about 10 days following nose surgery. Dr. Azizzadeh will outline what an individual should anticipate before, during and after rhinoplasty so he or she can plan accordingly. He also may recommend medications to help a patient reduce pain after nose surgery and request regular visits to ensure an individual’s recovery is going well.
- An individual can get any ‘new nose.’ An individual may want a nose that resembles the nose of his or her favorite celebrity, but no two noses are exactly alike. Dr. Azizzadeh will learn about an individual and ensure the patient has established realistic expectations for their nose surgery.
If there are other ‘rhinoplasty myths’ that you want a professional answer to, Dr. Azizzadeh will be more than happy to do so during your consultation. Dr. Azizzadeh puts patient education as a top priority and makes sure his patients are fully informed about rhinoplasty before scheduling their surgery.
Schedule a Rhinoplasty Consultation with Dr. Azizzadeh
To learn more about rhinoplasty, please book a consultation with Dr. Azizzadeh at the CENTER for Advanced Facial Plastic Surgery.