What Are Dermal Fillers for Men?
As men get older, the production of collagen (a protein that strengthens the skin) declines. This can cause facial wrinkles, volume loss, and other issues that make men appear older.
Male dermal fillers consist of synthetic or naturally occurring substances that can be injected into the face. They can help men restore lost facial volume and fullness that occurs due to the natural aging process.
How Do Facial Fillers for Men Work?
Dermal fillers for men are injected into different areas of the face to reduce visible signs of aging. In some instances, forehead fillers for men are used to treat deep forehead creases and wrinkles. Or, in other cases, a wrinkle filler for men is used to address sagging skin in the neck, jawline, and chin.
How Long Do Dermal Fillers for Men Last?
Male filler injections deliver temporary results. The length of time that a treatment lasts depends on the dermal filler used and other factors. Regular follow-up appointments can be scheduled to help men get the best results out of their facial filler treatment.
What Are the Benefits of Dermal Fillers for Men?
Reasons why men choose dermal fillers for facial rejuvenation include:
- Convenience: A typical dermal filler treatment requires only minutes to complete, with results that can last several months.
- Cost: A dermal filler treatment can be more affordable than a facial rejuvenation surgery.
- No Surgery Required: A dermal filler treatment does not require a patient to go under the knife.
- Limited Downtime: Patients can often resume their normal activities shortly after a facial filler treatment.
Dr. Azizzadeh understands that each dermal filler patient is different, and as such, tailors a facial filler procedure to accommodate his patient’s facial rejuvenation treatment goals. He first performs an in-depth patient evaluation to learn about his patient. Next, Dr. Azizzadeh analyzes his patient’s medical history and identifies any potential dermal filler treatment complications.
What Are the Risks Associated with Cosmetic Injections for Guys?
Redness, swelling, and itching are common side effects of cosmetic injections for guys. These side effects can occur around the injection site. They tend to subside within a few days of treatment.
In rare instances, an infection or blood vessel damage can occur after an injectable treatment. Men can experience an inflammatory reaction following the use of an injectable, too.
It is paramount to work with a male dermal fillers treatment expert like Dr. Azizzadeh. In doing so, men can undergo an injectable treatment performed with precision and care. Plus, they can minimize their risk of side effects.
When Is the Best Time to Pursue Cosmetic Injections for Men?
There is no such thing as a “perfect” time for men to pursue cosmetic injections. Some men undergo injectable procedures in their 20s, while others pursue these treatments later in life.
Dr. Azizzadeh can provide cosmetic injections for men of all ages. But, before he conducts a cosmetic procedure, Dr. Azizzadeh requests a consultation. This allows Dr. Azizzadeh to determine if a patient is a good candidate for a cosmetic procedure.
Are Cosmetic Injections for Men Safe?
Most men qualify for cosmetic injections if they are physically healthy and don’t smoke. To determine a patient’s eligibility for cosmetic injections, meet with Dr. Azizzadeh. At this time, Dr. Azizzadeh can review a patient’s medical history and conduct an evaluation.
If Dr. Azizzadeh believes a patient is a good candidate for one or more dermal fillers, he crafts a custom treatment plan. On the other hand, if Dr. Azizzadeh believes an alternative facial rejuvenation treatment is required, he provides his patient with details about this option.
Why Injections Are Different for Men
The goal of a facial filler treatment is to enhance the facial appearance and ensure all facial features appear in perfect harmony with one another. However, how men and women achieve this goal varies.
Men commonly use dermal fillers to increase volume in the mid-to-lower face or enhance the appearance of the forehead or brow. Comparatively, women can use dermal fillers to plump the lips and smooth facial wrinkles.
When it comes to dermal fillers, each treatment must be personalized to a patient. By choosing Dr. Azizzadeh for cosmetic treatment, a patient can receive comprehensive insights into dermal fillers. Then, the patient can review different types of dermal fillers and find one that complements their facial rejuvenation treatment goals.
What Facial Fillers Are Available to Men?
Common dermal fillers for men include:
- Juvederm: A group of dermal fillers approved for use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 2006, Juvederm injectable treatments deliver results that last six months or longer.
- Radiesse: Men can undergo Radiesse treatments to smooth moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds and stimulate collagen production.
- Restylane: With Restylane injections, men can treat furrows, frown lines and wrinkles in the face.
Along with the aforementioned dermal filler injectables, other nonsurgical cosmetic treatments are available to men. These include:
- Botox: One of the most-popular cosmetic treatments in the world, Botox helps men reduce muscle contractions that otherwise cause wrinkles, frown lines, and other visible signs of aging in the face.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing: Men can receive a DOT Deka laser treatment to correct scars, wrinkles, and other facial flaws.
- Microneedling: A microneedling procedure involves the use of tiny needles that produce micro-perforations in the facial skin and promote the growth of collagen and elastin.
There is no shortage of cosmetic treatments available to men, and each must be evaluated carefully. That way, men can weigh the pros and cons of different treatment options and choose one that meets their expectations.
Learn More About Male Dermal Fillers and Other Nonsurgical Cosmetic Treatments for Men
Dr. Azizzadeh is happy to provide insights into a wide range of cosmetic treatment options for men who are considering nonsurgical facial rejuvenation. To schedule an in-person or virtual consultation with Dr. Azizzadeh, please contact us online or call us at 310-657-2203.