Resurfacing the Skin with Lasers: What You Need to Know
In the cosmetic world, facial resurfacing laser treatment is one of the most popular forms of facial rejuvenation. Now, DOT Deka laser treatments are available to provide safe, reliable skin laser resurfacing in Beverly Hills.
A DOT Deka laser skin treatment is used to improve the tone, texture, and pigmentation. With ski treatment, a laser is used to remove the outer layer of the facial skin. This stimulates the growth of new skin cells, leading to a tighter and more youthful facial appearance.
How Is a Laser Facial Rejuvenation Treatment Performed?
A facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon like Dr. Babak Azizzadeh will teach patients about facial laser resurfacing. That way, an individual can understand what to expect from a DOT Deka skin laser resurfacing treatment.
Before a DOT Deka laser skin rejuvenation treatment is completed, Dr. Azizzadehl meets with a patient. For fractional laser skin resurfacing, a patient will need to stop using hydroquinone and/or retinol products at least five days before treatment. In addition, Dr. Azizzadeh and his staff offer support after a facial resurfacing laser treatment.
As a Harvard-trained, double board-certified facial cosmetic surgeon in Beverly Hills, Dr. Azizzadeh takes even non-surgical procedures very seriously. When a patient comes to see him for skin laser resurfacing in Beverly Hills, he maintains the same standards as he would for a facelift or rhinoplasty patient. He examines each aspect of the face, always taking into account the symbiotic relationship between the individual features. With this thorough, integrated approach, his patients benefit from decades of experience.
Benefits of Laser Skin Resurfacing
Patients with virtually any dermatological condition can benefit from skin laser resurfacing treatment. This includes acne, sunspots, and milder signs of the aging process itself. With a facial resurfacing laser treatment, Dr. Azizzadeh helps patients correct the following conditions:
- Sun damage, including freckles and sunspots
- Acne scars and other shallow scars
- Skin texture and tone issues, such as hyperpigmentation (dark spots)
- Mild lines and wrinkles throughout the face.
If you experience one or more of the above issues, consult with Dr. Azizzadeh for laser resurfacing in Beverly Hills. During this time, he can learn about your cosmetic goals and craft a unique facial resurfacing laser treatment regimen. By combining your cosmetic goals with his own unrelenting expertise, Dr. Azizzadeh delivers excellent results.
Is a Laser Skin Treatment Safe?
CO2 laser skin resurfacing is often a safe, effective option for patients who have wrinkles around the eyes, mouth, or forehead. Laser skin resurfacing for acne scars is also available, along with resurfacing treatments for the entire face.
Regardless of why a patient is considering skin laser resurfacing for the face, a consultation is required before treatment. Dr. Azizzadeh only performs a laser skin treatment if the patient can benefit from it. Thus, if he evaluates a patient and believes laser resurfacing can be beneficial, he crafts a personalized treatment plan. On the other hand, if Dr. Azizzadeh believes skin resurfacing is unsafe, he offers alternative treatment options.
Comprehensive Laser Skin Resurfacing Consultation Process
Dr. Azizzadeh examines a patient’s face, learns about the patient’s concerns and goals, and discusses both non-invasive and surgical approaches, including laser resurfacing. Unlike other plastic surgeons who may only recommend surgery, Dr. Azizzadeh takes a multi-faceted approach to address the signs of aging. As a result, the patient can undergo a facial rejuvenation procedure, such as facial resurfacing laser treatment that results in a youthful, balanced facial appearance.
Along with CO2 laser skin resurfacing, there are many non-invasive treatment options that provide great results. These treatment options include:
- Botox: An injectable treatment, Botox® temporarily reduces fine lines, wrinkles and furrows that are caused by excessive muscle movements in the face.
- Dermal fillers (Voluma/Restylane/Juvederm) and laser resurfacing: Dermal fillers can help an individual counteract many signs of aging in the face by restoring volume to the face.
- Micro-Needling with PRP: One of the most innovative non-surgical cosmetic treatments, micro-needling with PRP improves the appearance of the skin and promotes new collagen growth.
- Skin care: Skin care products may be used during a physician-supervised skin health treatment.
As a highly specialized facial plastic surgeon, Dr. Azizzadeh takes plenty of time to help his patients fully understand their cosmetic options during their consultation. He educates patients on the underlying causes of their cosmetic complaints, along with how laser resurfacing in Beverly Hills, and each treatment option will address those particular issues. In the complex field of facial plastic surgery, knowledge is the most important thing for a patient, and that is Dr. Azizzadeh’s primary goal. From there, he knows that you will make the right decision for yourself, whether it's regarding facial resurfacing laser treatment or another option..
How Does CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing Work?
A laser skin treatment removes surface-level and deep lines and wrinkles. The treatment is designed to deliver fast, efficient results. Additionally, the side effects of skin laser resurfacing in Beverly Hills are usually minimal, particularly in comparison to those associated with traditional cosmetic surgeries.
Is Laser Skin Resurfacing Permanent?
Skin laser resurfacing in Beverly Hills is not a permanent facial rejuvenation treatment. A typical laser skin resurfacing treatment lasts up to five years, and the length of time a patient enjoys the benefits of treatment vary.
For those who are searching for a permanent facial resurfacing laser treatment, Dr. Azizzadeh can help. Dr. Azizzadeh performs facelift surgery and other treatments designed to deliver long-lasting results. He is happy to outline these treatments and help an individual select the right facial rejuvenation procedure based on his or her individual needs.
What Is Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing?
During a fractional laser skin resurfacing procedure, a facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon first preps a patient’s skin. He or she then uses controlled energy to treat the skin. The surgeon may use a combination of micro-needling PRP growth factors and hydrating to speed up the healing process, too.
The downtime associated with fractional skin laser resurfacing in Beverly Hills is limited, and the treatment usually requires only a short period of time for recovery. Meanwhile, the results of fractional facial resurfacing laser treatment may last for years.
What Happens After CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing?
Following a laser skin procedure, Dr. Azizzadeh places bandages on treated areas of a patient’s face. The bandages remain in place for at least 24 hours, and the patient will need to clean the bandages every few hours after treatment.
Patients often experience swelling following skin laser resurfacing in Beverly Hills treatments. Medications may be prescribed to help minimize swelling in the days after skin resurfacing.
In addition to swelling, itching and stinging can occur after skin resurfacing of the face. These symptoms are temporary and typically disappear on their own within a few days of treatment.
A patient’s skin may become dry and start to peel up within five to seven days of a laser skin procedure as well. This is a sign that the treatment is working, as the outer layer of the patient’s skin is disintegrating.
Patients fully heal within about 10 to 21 days of laser resurfacing. At any point during the recovery period, patients are encouraged to contact Dr. Azizzadeh with any concerns or questions. Dr. Azizzadeh also requests facial resurfacing laser treatment follow-up appointments during the recovery period, so he can ensure that a patient’s recovery stays on course.
Post-Laser Skin Resurfacing Information
Following laser skin resurfacing, the recovery process is critical in achieving a beautiful result. At our office, we will provide you with a copy of our comprehensive list of post-procedure guidelines. We’ve provided these guidelines below to give you an idea of what you can expect with laser resurfacing in Beverly Hills:
The DOT Deka post-treatment protocol typically includes:
- Covering a patient’s face with Aquaphor immediately after laser facial rejuvenation and using Aquaphor the same day as the procedure.
- Use of a post-procedure kit to reduce burning sensations and minimize the risk of infection (can be purchased at the office).
- Application of an occlusive ointment or intense moisturizer to prevent direct contact between the treated tissue and the air during the healing process.
- Use of a cool compresses immediately after treatment.
- Gentle washing of the laser resurfacing in Beverly Hills treated area with tepid water and cleanser at least twice a day; this usually begins the day after facial resurfacing laser treatment.
- Avoiding hot water/steam that may irritate the treated area.
- Avoiding scratching and scrubbing at the exfoliating skin; instead, an individual should allow the skin to gently exfoliate during the washing process.
- Sleeping with the head elevated on pillows for the first few nights after treatment to minimize swelling.
- Avoiding direct sun exposure and applying sunblock SPF 30+ when the skin has healed.
- Avoiding exercise and other strenuous activities for one week after laser resurfacing treatment.
- Wearing a protective hat or visor while outdoors for the first two weeks after surgery.
- Avoiding dirty, dusty environments, hairsprays and perfumes while the skin is healing.
- Avoiding topical exfoliation for four weeks after treatment.
At the CENTER for Advanced Facial Plastic Surgery, our goal is that you have comfortable, smooth recovery. If any questions or concerns arise at any point during your recovery, we are at your disposal. Please call or email us with any questions and we will help with anything you need.
Trust Your Face to a Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
When it comes to facial plastic and reconstructive surgery, expert support laser resurfacing in Beverly Hills is required. Fortunately, Dr. Azizzadeh is globally recognized for his facial plastic and reconstructive surgery expertise. Book your laser resurfacing consultation with Dr. Azizzadeh today!
Schedule Your Laser Skin Resurfacing Consultation with Dr. Azizzadeh
Dr. Azizzadeh is available to provide insights into laser resurfacing and other facial rejuvenation treatments. To learn more about laser skin resurfacing or to schedule a consultation with Dr. Azizzadeh, please contact us online or call us today at 310-564-2710.