Infographic: The Rise of Male Plastic Surgery
The Rise of Male Plastic Surgery
Men undergo plastic surgery to revitalize their facial appearance and improve their self-confidence — and plastic surgery is becoming a top choice for men across the United States.
Male Plastic Surgery Statistics
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) reported approximately 1.3 million cosmetic procedures were performed on men in the United States in 2018. Among these procedures, 1.1 million were minimally invasive procedures, and 215,000 were surgical procedures.
Top Male Plastic Surgery Procedures
According to ASPS, the top male plastic surgery procedures in 2018 were:
- Nose Reshaping (Rhinoplasty)
- Eyelid Surgery
- Breast Reduction (Gynecomastia)
- Hair Transplantation
Male Plastic Surgery Factors to Consider
- Treatment Goals: Men must understand what to expect before, during and after plastic surgery so they can determine which procedure aligns with their treatment goals.
- Cost: The cost of plastic surgery varies based on the treatment facility, surgeon and other factors.
- Recovery Time: It may take several weeks or months before the full results of plastic surgery become visible.
- Surgeon: Choosing a surgeon who is board-certified and has experience in male plastic surgery minimizes patient risk.
Is Male Plastic Surgery Right for You?
Men who are considering plastic surgery should meet with Dr. Babak Azizzadeh, a Harvard-trained facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon. In doing so, they can:
- Receive a medical evaluation
- Find out if they qualify for plastic surgery
- Gain insights into all aspects of plastic surgery
- Work with Dr. Azizzadeh to develop a personalized treatment plan
Dr. Azizzadeh’s Approach to Male Plastic Surgery
Dr. Azizzadeh takes a holistic approach to male plastic surgery. This approach involves:
- Learning about a patient and his treatment goals
- Identifying the best plastic surgery to help a patient achieve a balanced, natural-looking facial appearance
- Responding to a patient’s plastic surgery concerns and questions
- Partnering with a patient to deliver the best-possible plastic surgery results
Why Do Men Choose Dr. Azizzadeh for Plastic Surgery?
There are many reasons why men choose Dr. Azizzadeh for plastic surgery, including:
- Globally recognized facial plastic and reconstructive surgery and male plastic surgery expertise
- Dual board-certified in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery and head and neck surgery
- Patients include celebrities, CEOs and international dignitaries
Schedule a Male Plastic Surgery Consultation with Dr. Azizzadeh
To learn more about male plastic surgery or schedule a consultation with Dr. Azizzadeh, please call the CENTER for Advanced Facial Plastic Surgery at 310-657-2203.