Believe it or not, January 2017 has come and gone and for those who want to look great this year, facial plastic surgery offers a great New Year’s resolution, as it enables an individual to bolster his or her facial symmetry, improve the facial appearance and more.
Plastic surgery has generated interest from many individuals across the United States. In fact, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) reports the number of facial plastic surgery procedures increased 115 percent between 2000 and 2015. The ASPS also points out that 15.9 million surgical and minimally invasive cosmetic procedures were completed in 2015, and this figure may continue to rise in the foreseeable future.
Ultimately, facial plastic surgery offers a number of benefits, including:
- Increased Self-Confidence: Facial plastic surgery makes it easy for an individual to enhance his or her facial appearance, resulting in increased self-confidence.
- Reduced Anxiety: For those who are self-conscious about their facial appearance, facial plastic surgery can deliver immediate and long-lasting results and lead to reduced anxiety.
- Improved Physical Health: Facial plastic surgery procedures are available to help an individual treat physical health issues. For example, rhinoplasty, aka “nose surgery,” may enable an individual to correct a deviated septum or breathing issue and restore the nasal function.
Many facial plastic surgery options are available, and some of the most popular facial plastic surgery procedures include:
- Rhinoplasty: Rhinoplasty allows an individual to reshape the nose and improve the facial aesthetic.
- Facelift: With a facelift, an individual can reduce the appearance of facial expression lines, skin volume loss and other signs of aging in the face.
- Blepharoplasty: Also referred to as “eyelid surgery,” blepharoplasty ensures that an individual can remove excess fat, muscle, and skin around the eyes, which gives the eyes a more youthful appearance.
Let’s not forget about the variety of non-surgical facial treatments available to individuals throughout the U.S., either. Numerous non-surgical facial procedures deliver proven results, and some of the most popular non-surgical facial treatments include:
- Botox: Botox provides an injectable treatment that helps individuals minimize the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and furrows that occur due to muscle movements in the face.
- Ultherapy: With ultherapy, an individual can reap the benefits of an ultrasound technology treatment that lifts and tightens the skin.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing: Laser skin resurfacing enables a person to remove damaged skin and allow the underlying skin to regrow, which gives the skin a healthy, radiant appearance.
Clearly, there are many surgical and non-surgical facial plastic procedures to choose from in 2017. On the other hand, it is important to note that not all facial plastic surgeons are created equal.
When it comes to facial plastic surgery, there is no need to leave anything to chance. Instead, work with Dr. Babak Azizzadeh, a facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon who possesses comprehensive experience and expertise. By doing so, an individual can receive extensive support before, during and after a facial plastic treatment. Plus, you will be able to ask questions about a procedure and receive responses at any time.
Make 2017 a year to remember – select a surgical or non-surgical facial plastic procedure to transform your facial appearance.