A facelift offers a safe and rewarding cosmetic treatment for individuals in their 40s. Facelifts rejuvenate the facial appearance, tighten the facial muscles and much more.
However, it is important to note that not everyone is an ideal candidate for a facelift. To find out if you are a good candidate for facial rejuvenation surgery, you must consult with an expert facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon like Dr. Babak Azizzadeh.
During an initial facelift consultation, Dr. Azizzadeh will examine a person’s face closely. He will look for loss of collagen and other visible signs of aging in an individual’s face. Dr. Azizzadeh will also review an individual’s medical history, offer details about different facelift techniques and answer all of the patient’s facelift questions.
Dr. Azizzadeh will explain to a patient what results are realistic and possible given their anti-aging needs and goals. This is one of the most important aspects of a great consultation – the surgeon and the patient must both have the same expectations for the outcome of the facelift.
To help explain realistic outcomes to his patients, Dr. Azizzadeh utilizes the Aging Arc tool to visualize facelift results before treatment. The Aging Arc involves the use of images to assess how a person’s facial appearance may change as he or she grows older. If an individual falls within the negative range of the Aging Arc, he or she may display facial expression lines and other signs of aging.
The Aging Arc helps Dr. Azizzadeh determine which facelift treatments will enable an individual to achieve his or her desired results. This way, Dr. Azizzadeh can offer personalized facelift treatment options to each patient.
Although a facelift often is viewed strictly as a surgical procedure, many non-invasive alternatives are available. Thus, an individual should learn about both surgical and non-invasive facelift treatments.
Some of the most common non-invasive facelift treatments include:
- Botox: An injectable prescription, Botox has been shown to help smooth fine lines and wrinkles that are caused by excessive muscle movements in the face.
- Dermal Fillers: With dermal fillers like Voluma, Restylane and Perlane, an individual can counteract many signs of aging in the face, resulting in a more youthful and vibrant facial appearance.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing: One of the most popular types of facial rejuvenation, laser skin resurfacing enables Dr. Azizzadeh to pinpoint hundreds of spots per square inch of skin. Furthermore, laser skin resurfacing allows an individual to remove damaged skin and allow the underlying skin to regrow.
- Sculptra: Sculptra offers an injectable treatment that helps an individual replace the loss of collagen – with treatment results that may last for more than two years.
- Ultherapy: As part of an Ultherapy treatment, Dr. Azizzadeh will use ultrasound technology to lift and tighten the skin and stimulate collagen growth.
For individuals in their 40s, there is no shortage of facial rejuvenation treatments. During a consultation with Dr. Azizzadeh, an individual can learn about all of the facelift treatment options that are available. And ultimately, this individual will be able to select a facelift treatment that will deliver the best results for their unique needs.