Which Dermal Filler Is Right for You?
Dermal fillers are injectable treatments that help people combat the signs of aging in the face. They enable individuals to fill in fine lines and creases in the face, resulting in a more youthful and refreshed appearance.
Ultimately, individuals may use dermal fillers to:
- Address facial asymmetry
- Boost lip volume
- Enhance cheek definition
- Improve hollows in the temples
- Minimize horizontal chin lines
- Reduce bags under the eyes
- Reduce smile lines, marionette lines and vertical “smoker’s lines”
There is no shortage of safe, effective dermal fillers that are currently available, and some of the most popular dermal fillers include:
- Belotero: With Belotero, an individual can temporarily smooth out and fill in moderate to severe nasolabial folds.
- Juvederm: The Juvederm collection of dermal fillers consists of gel that moves easily into the skin, thereby providing individuals with smooth, natural-looking skin instantly.
- Restylane: The Restylane line of dermal fillers is composed of hyaluronic acid in a clear gel form and has been shown to help individuals minimize furrows, frown lines, wrinkles and other signs of aging.
- Radiesse: Radiesse is a wrinkle filler that has been proven to help enhance skin volume and stimulate collagen production in the body.
- Sculptra: An injectable, non-surgical cosmetic facial treatment, Sculptra helps individuals minimize the appearance of facial lines and wrinkles.
- Voluma: Voluma is an injectable gel that helps reduce age-related skin volume loss.
Although individuals can choose from a variety of dermal fillers, it is important for an individual to select a dermal filler that will deliver the best results for their individual needs.
As such, there are several questions to consider before a person chooses a dermal filler, including:
- Are there any side effects? In many instances, mild bruising and swelling may occur after a dermal filler treatment. However, these side effects are temporary, and most patients can return to everyday activities immediately after treatment.
- How long will dermal filler treatment results last? The length of time that an individual can enjoy the benefits of a dermal filler treatment will depend on the product used, the treatment area and the patient.
- What should I look for in a dermal filler treatment provider? An individual should always select a facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon who possesses the necessary skills and knowledge to properly administer a dermal filler treatment.
Dr. Babak Azizzadeh of the CENTER for Advanced Facial Plastic Surgery is a globally recognized facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon who has completed many dermal filler procedures over the years. In fact, Dr. Azizzadeh performs a comprehensive patient consultation before a dermal filler treatment to ensure an individual can get the best possible results.
During a dermal filler treatment consultation, Dr. Azizzadeh will look at an individual’s medical history. Dermal fillers sometimes can interfere with certain allergies and neurological and skin conditions, and evaluating a patient’s medical history enables Dr. Azizzadeh to help an individual select the ideal dermal filler.
Also, Dr. Azizzadeh will teach patients about all of the dermal filler treatment options at their disposal, respond to their concerns and questions and offer honest, unbiased treatment recommendations.
When it comes to dermal filler treatments, why leave anything to chance? Instead, an individual can book a consultation with Dr. Azizzadeh to learn about assorted dermal fillers and make an informed treatment decision.