Is There Still a Stigma Around Plastic Surgery?
The stigma around plastic surgery is quickly disappearing, and perhaps it is easy to understand why.
According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), 15.9 million surgical and minimally invasive cosmetic procedures were performed in the United States in 2015, an increase of 2 percent year over year. Meanwhile, ASPS reports, the number of plastic surgery procedures rose 115 percent between 2000 and 2015 and may continue to increase in the foreseeable future.
Ultimately, there are many reasons why plastic surgery is becoming commonplace across the United States, including:
- Plastic surgery offers a wide range of benefits.
Plastic surgery has been shown to deliver a variety of benefits, such as:
- Improved appearance: Plastic surgery enables an individual to rejuvenate the appearance of the cheeks, eyes, nose and other physical features.
- Correction of physical issues: Rhinoplasty and other plastic surgeries often allow individuals to correct physical issues, such as breathing issues.
- Increased self-confidence: With an enhanced physical appearance, an individual can enjoy increased self-confidence that may lead to unparalleled professional and personal growth.
The benefits of plastic surgery usually extend beyond an individual’s appearance. As such, more people are choosing plastic surgery than ever before.
- Plastic surgery can deliver safe, effective results.
Plastic surgery once was considered a major risk. However, because of advancements in safety and minimally invasive approaches, plastic surgery has helped many individuals achieve their desired treatment results.
For those who are considering plastic surgery, it is paramount to work with an experienced facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon like Dr. Babak Azizzadeh. To better understand why, let’s consider Dr. Azizzadeh’s approach to plastic surgery.
Dr. Azizzadeh is a world-renowned facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon who has administered many treatments. He always meets with an individual before surgery to learn about the patient. Then, Dr. Azizzadeh offers expert recommendations about how to proceed with plastic surgery.
Furthermore, Dr. Azizzadeh recognizes that no two patients are identical and tailors each plastic surgery to the needs of the individual. He even allocates the necessary time and resources to teach each patient about plastic surgery and determine whether an individual is a viable candidate for treatment. In these ways, Dr. Azizzadeh goes above and beyond the call of duty to guarantee each patient can achieve the optimal treatment results.
Finally, let’s not forget about Dr. Azizzadeh’s commitment to patient safety. Dr. Azizzadeh leverages advanced plastic surgery techniques to ensure treatment success. By doing so, Dr. Azizzadeh has helped dozens of patients reap the benefits of plastic surgery.
- Many plastic surgery options are available.
There is no shortage of plastic surgery procedures available today. Some of the most popular treatments include:
- Brow Lift: An individual can undergo a brow lift to help reduce the appearance of a heavy, sagging brow.
- Facelift: With a facelift, an individual can address loose skin, volume loss and other visible signs of aging in the face.
- Neck Lift: A neck lift enables a person to revitalize the appearance of the skin on the neck, throat and jawline.
When it comes to plastic surgery, there is no need to worry. Dr. Azizzadeh can help an individual select the procedure that will deliver balanced and natural-looking results.
To learn more about plastic surgery, please contact the CENTER for Advanced Facial Plastic Surgery to schedule a consultation with Dr. Azizzadeh.