Am I Ready for a Neck Lift?
Neck lift surgery allows a person to smooth excess skin along the neck, resulting in a more youthful neckline. It also enables an individual to remove fat deposits and improve muscle laxity to help rejuvenate the appearance of the neck and throat.
Everyone ages differently and the results of neck lift surgery vary from patient to patient. Therefore, it is important for individuals to consider their anti-aging goals before they undergo a neck lift procedure.
Ultimately, a neck lift helps a person address a variety of issues, such as:
- Fat Deposits and Buildup: The neck is prone to fat buildup under the chin and around the jowls.
- Muscle Laxity: As a person ages, the muscles on each side of the neck can lose their elasticity and structure.
- Skin Laxity: Neck skin tends to sag and droop; this leads to an aged appearance.
- Sub-Muscular Laxity: Over the years, tissue systems under the neck muscles can present loose, excess skin.
Dr. Babak Azizzadeh of the CENTER for Advanced Facial Plastic Surgery helps individuals determine if they are ready for a neck lift. As a double board-certified and world-renowned facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon, Dr. Azizzadeh has an innovative perspective on customizing surgical and non-surgical treatments for the neck and face to address the signs of aging.
The goal of a neck lift is to correct the loss of youthful contours in the neck and tighten the outer skin on the neck. As such, Dr. Azizzadeh may recommend a combination of surgical and non-surgical procedures that work well with a neck lift to provide harmony with all vectors of the face.
Common procedures that may be used in conjunction with a neck lift include:
- Botox: During a Botox treatment, a patient will receive a series of small subcutaneous injections to temporarily smooth fine lines, wrinkles and furrows.
- Facelift: A facelift helps a person address expression lines, volume loss and other signs of aging in the face.
- Facial Fillers: Many facial fillers are available, and each has a different purpose and application area.
- Submental Liposuction: Often referred to as chin liposuction, submental liposuction helps improve the chin’s contour and reduce the appearance of a double chin.
- Ultherapy: As part of an ultherapy treatment, ultrasound technology is used to concurrently stimulate collagen growth and tighten loose skin.
Additionally, Dr. Azizzadeh wants neck lift patients to achieve a full understanding of the aging process. He created the “Aging Arc” to help patients see the aging process visually in relation to their actual age.
During a neck lift consultation, Dr. Azizzadeh will show patients where they fall on the Aging Arc, along with the different facial rejuvenation techniques that can be used to put them in the positive range on the Aging Arc. Dr. Azizzadeh strives to put patients in the positive range so their facial and neck appearance is the best it can be in relation to their chronological age.
Dr. Azizzadeh devotes plenty of time to help neck lift patients fully understand their cosmetic treatment options. He educates neck lift patients on the underlying causes of their cosmetic complaints, and from there, enables patients to make informed treatment decisions on their own. To schedule a neck lift consultation with Dr. Azizzadeh, please call us today at 310-657-2203.