Rejuvenating Your Neck with a Neck Lift
A neck lift is ideal for those who want a more youthful neckline. The procedure helps address excess skin and muscle laxity, enabling a person to revitalize and restore the appearance of the neck, jawline, and throat.
As a person ages, the skin along the neck can become loose and slack. Excess fat and skin relaxation can create jowls, fatty deposits can develop under the chin, and muscle banding may make the neck appear older than a person’s actual age. Fortunately, a neck lift helps trim and smooth excess skin and tighten muscle laxity.
Dr. Babak Azizzadeh of the CENTER for Advanced Facial Plastic Surgery helps individuals correct the loss of youthful contours in the neck. As a world-renowned facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon, Dr. Azizzadeh understands there is no such thing as a “standard” neck lift and takes a dynamic approach to neck lift surgery that integrates all areas of his facial plastic surgery expertise.
Before a neck lift procedure, Dr. Azizzadeh takes plenty of time to teach patients about their cosmetic options. Dr. Azizzadeh discusses the underlying causes of cosmetic complaints and how each treatment option will address these issues. Then, neck lift patients can review all treatment options and make an informed decision.
Dr. Azizzadeh also utilizes deep plane lifting techniques during a neck lift to ensure the neck is tight and natural-looking. He will use one or both of the following techniques depending on the degree of lift and tightening required:
- Skin-SMAS-Platysma Lift: Involves lifting and tightening the neck and throat skin to create a more toned appearance along the neck. This technique may be used in mild neck lift cases.
- Platysmaplasty: Tightens the platysma muscles, underlying muscles in the neck that are responsible for the unwanted appearance of bands in the neck. With platysmaplasty, an individual can simultaneously address the appearance of the platysma muscles as well as create a tighter neck line.
Dr. Azizzadeh will evaluate an individual and offer personalized neck lift recommendations. He will ensure an individual can enjoy long-lasting treatment results, regardless of neck lift technique.
Additionally, Dr. Azizzadeh may recommend both surgical and non-surgical treatments in conjunction with a neck lift to help a patient achieve the best possible results. Other treatments that may be administered with a neck lift include:
- Botox: By receiving Botox injections, an individual can smooth fine lines, wrinkles and furrows caused by excess muscle movements.
- Dermal Fillers: Many dermal fillers are available to help a person fill in fine lines and wrinkles along the face.
- Facelift: A facelift surgery helps a person address loose skin, volume loss and other visible signs of aging in the face.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing: With laser skin resurfacing, an individual can receive DOT Deka laser treatments to reduce facial wrinkles, sun damage, scars and other facial flaws.
- Ultherapy: An ultherapy treatment involves the use of ultrasound technology to lift and tighten the skin.
Dr. Azizzadeh’s ultimate goal is to ensure each neck lift patient can maintain a naturally beautiful facial appearance. To accomplish this goal, Dr. Azizzadeh precisely tightens and sculpts the neck and restores volume. By doing so, Dr. Azizzadeh helps preserve the patient’s natural facial contours.
To learn more about neck lift surgery and associated treatments, please contact us at 310-657-2203.