Rhinoplasty is one of the most popular facial plastic surgeries, and it is easy to understand why. Nose surgery enables an individual to reshape the nose, leading to a more balanced and symmetrical facial appearance. Also, rhinoplasty helps correct structural and functional issues in the nose, enabling a person to restore the nasal function.
Male rhinoplasty also is gaining popularity. This procedure is designed specifically for men and allows them to enhance the facial aesthetic and address structural defects in the nose.
In 2016, nose reshaping ranked first among the top cosmetic surgical procedures for men in the United States, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS). Additionally, 55,000 male rhinoplasty treatments were performed in 2016, up 3% year over year, ASPS reported. The aforementioned statistics show that men are becoming more aware of rhinoplasty and its benefits. If this trend continues, more men may undergo nose surgeries in the years to come.
What Are the Benefits of Male Rhinoplasty?
Male rhinoplasty is a comprehensive facial surgery designed to help men enhance their facial appearance and resolve breathing issues, such as a deviated septum and other structural problems in the nose. The procedure offers many benefits, including:
- Enhanced Nose Symmetry: Each male rhinoplasty is tailored to a patient. As such, the procedure ensures a patient can achieve a nose that matches his face.
- Repair of Structural Defects in the Nose: Male nose surgery has been shown to provide long-lasting repair of structural defects in the nose.
- Increased Self-Confidence: With a natural-looking and symmetric nose, a patient can improve his facial appearance and boost his self-confidence.
Dr. Babak Azizzadeh of The CENTER for Advanced Facial Plastic Surgery is a world-renowned facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon with many years of experience. He has performed male rhinoplasty procedures on dozens of patients, ensuring these individuals can reap the benefits of an enhanced facial appearance and improved nasal function.
Unlike many traditional facial plastic surgeons, Dr. Azizzadeh understands the needs of one patient may vary from those of another. To help a patient achieve the best-possible male nose surgery results, Dr. Azizzadeh dedicates the necessary time and resources to educate a patient. That way, each patient can learn about male rhinoplasty and determine whether the surgery is the right treatment based on his individual needs.
Are You a Candidate for Male Rhinoplasty?
Ultimately, the decision to undergo male nose surgery can be a difficult one to make. Dr. Azizzadeh typically recommends male rhinoplasty for men who display one or more of the following characteristics:
- Alar pinching
- Asymmetrical, crooked, droopy, long or under-projected nose
- Bulbous nose tip
- Disproportionate nostrils
- Dorsal hump (hump on nose)
- Hanging columella (skin and cartilage bridge between the nostrils)
- Nasal bridge that is too high or too low
- Nose that is too wide or too narrow
- Short, upturned nose
- Wide or flaring nostrils
Before conducting a male rhinoplasty procedure, Dr. Azizzadeh will perform an extensive patient evaluation. At this time, Dr. Azizzadeh will examine several aspects of the patient’s facial appearance, including:
- Breathing system
- Frontal appearance of the nose
- Nasal tip and base
- Relationship between the nose and lips
- Relationship between the nose and cheeks, chin, forehead and eyebrows
To learn more about male rhinoplasty, please call us at 310-657-2203 to schedule a consultation.