For many people, the holiday season is the most wonderful time of the year. And for those who are considering plastic surgery, the holiday season can be an excellent time to undergo a cosmetic procedure.
Plastic Surgery Holidays: Reasons to Get a Cosmetic Procedure During the Holiday Season
There is a lot to like about plastic surgery during the holiday season. Key reasons why people plan plastic surgery at this time include:
Many people have time off from work or school around the holidays. Thus, they have ample time to undergo a cosmetic surgery, without having to take time off from work or school.
Plastic surgery recovery time varies based on the procedure and the extent of treatment. In many instances, it takes patients at least a few days to recover to the point where they can resume their normal activities. During the holiday season, people can receive cosmetic treatment and rest and recover accordingly. This ensures a patient can put himself or herself in a terrific position to realize the full results of their surgery.
Some plastic surgeons offer financing for cosmetic procedures, but these treatments are rarely covered by insurance. For those who want affordable cosmetic surgery, few options may be available. Conversely, people may receive work bonuses and financial gifts during the holiday season. And these bonuses and gifts can help individuals cover some or all of the cost of a cosmetic procedure.
Of course, there can also be times when an individual wants to support a family member or friend interested in plastic surgery during the holidays. At this point, an individual can provide one or more plastic surgery gifts.
Everything You Need to Know About Plastic Surgery Gifts
The holiday season represents a time of giving. By providing plastic surgery holidays gifts, an individual can help a family member or friend take a step forward as he or she tries to revitalize their facial appearance.
There is no shortage of gifts for plastic surgery patients. Here are five holiday gift ideas plastic surgery patients may enjoy:
1. Housekeeping Coupons
Provide housekeeping coupons that ensure a plastic surgery patient receives extensive care and support after their cosmetic procedure. The patient can redeem these coupons in the days following their procedure. And the coupons ensure that this patient’s cooking, cleaning, and other housekeeping tasks are handled while he or she recovers from their cosmetic treatment.
Once a plastic surgery patient receives their treatment, he or she can reap the benefits of a revitalized facial appearance. Meanwhile, earrings, a necklace, or other jewelry can help this patient feel their best after treatment. The right jewelry enables a plastic surgery patient to further revamp their facial appearance following a cosmetic procedure. It can also be meaningful and remind a plastic surgery patient that he or she has a family member or friend who cares about their health and wellbeing.
Plastic surgery patients may need to keep their head elevated as much as possible after an upper eyelid surgery or other cosmetic procedures. By providing a plastic surgery patient with a plush and comfortable pillow, an individual can help a family member or friend do just that after their cosmetic treatment.
4. Telescopic Back Scratcher
Most plastic surgery patients must rest as much as possible in the days following their cosmetic procedure. They may also need to avoid strenuous body movements during this period. With a telescopic back scratcher, a plastic surgery patient can scratch their lower and upper back with ease. The back scratcher is simple to use and helps a plastic surgery patient avoid jerking motions or other extreme body movements that can potentially compromise their treatment results.
5. Books, Movies, and Music
A plastic surgery patient may spend an extended period of time away from work or school during their recovery period. By providing books, movies, and music, an individual can help a plastic surgery patient stay entertained as he or she recovers from their cosmetic treatment.
Along with considering plastic surgery gifts, offer support to family members and friends who are considering cosmetic procedures around the holidays. From here, family members and friends can evaluate myriad cosmetic treatment options and determine if the holiday season is the right time to move forward with a surgical or non-surgical facial rejuvenation treatment.
Plastic Surgery Holidays: Cosmetic Treatments to Consider
The holiday season can be the ideal time to undergo rhinoplasty surgery. In fact, there are many reasons why people choose the holiday season for nose surgery, and these reasons include:
- A rhinoplasty patient can minimize the risk of excess sun exposure after surgery. The sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays can cause pigmentation issues for rhinoplasty patients post-surgery. Fortunately, the holidays usually offer ample opportunities to spend time indoors with family members and friends. This means getting a rhinoplasty during the holidays may help a rhinoplasty patient avoid excessive sun exposure, and as a result, limit the risk of post-surgery pigmentation problems.
- Warm clothing enables a rhinoplasty patient to hide post-surgery bruising and swelling. The initial recovery period following a nose job takes about one to two weeks to complete. During this time, a rhinoplasty patient may experience bruising and swelling around the nose and eyes. Scarves, ski masks and other bulky apparel enable an individual to keep warm during the holiday season, as well as hide bruising and swelling that may occur following rhinoplasty surgery.
- High school and college students can take advantage of a rhinoplasty procedure before the winter semester begins. For high school and college students who want to get a rhinoplasty but are worried about bruising and swelling post-surgery, a holiday season nose surgery offers a great option. Typically, rhinoplasty surgery bruising and swelling disappears about a week to 10 days after treatment. This means high school and college students can use a rhinoplasty to enhance their facial appearance – without having to worry about returning to school with embarrassing bruising or swelling.
- It may be easier to get time off from work during the holiday season. The holidays represent a slow period for certain businesses. As such, an individual may be better equipped to get time off from work during the holiday season so he or she can undergo and fully recover from a nose surgery.
- The holidays may enable a rhinoplasty patient to avoid using vacation or sick days or missing class. Most companies are closed on Christmas and New Year’s Day, and some businesses even provide employees with a week off during the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day. At the same time, schools generally remain closed for one or more weeks to commemorate the holiday season. So, if an individual undergoes a rhinoplasty during the holiday season, he or she may be able to avoid using vacation or sick days or missing class.
In addition to a nose job, people may consider getting a mid facelift or neck lift during the holidays. A mid facelift can revitalize the lower eyelids and cheeks, while a neck lift helps a patient rejuvenate the neck and lower face skin.
There are several non-surgical procedures that can be used to quickly enhance the facial appearance, too. For instance, Botox injections can be administered in minutes and temporarily smooth fine lines, wrinkles, and other visible signs of aging in the face. Facial fillers can be used to improve the appearance of the lips and other areas of the face. Laser skin resurfacing can even be performed to instantly address scars and other facial blemishes.
Explore Plastic Surgery Treatment Options During the Holiday Season
The holiday season is a fun, exciting time. As the aforementioned reasons show, the holidays may be the best time to undergo a surgical or non-surgical cosmetic procedure, too. And by working with an expert facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon, an individual is sure to achieve the best-possible results during a holiday season cosmetic procedure.
Dr. Babak Azizzadeh of the CENTER for Advanced Facial Plastic Surgery in Los Angeles takes a holistic approach to cosmetic procedures. As part of this approach, Dr. Azizzadeh teaches individuals about cosmetic procedures and helps them make informed treatment decisions.
Prior to performing a surgical or non-surgical cosmetic procedure, Dr. Azizzadeh requests a patient consultation. He uses the consultation to learn about a patient and find out why he or she is considering cosmetic treatments.
During a consultation, Dr. Azizzadeh analyzes a patient’s facial features, as well as their treatment goals. If a patient is a good candidate for one or more cosmetic procedures, Dr. Azizzadeh offers a personalized treatment recommendation and outlines all aspects of his cosmetic treatment plan. Dr. Azizzadeh also responds to a patient’s cosmetic treatment concerns or questions.
Schedule a Cosmetic Treatment Consultation with Dr. Azizzadeh
The holidays present many opportunities for those considering plastic surgery. Dr. Azizzadeh offers in-person and virtual consultations to people interested in surgical and non-surgical cosmetic treatments. He can help patients evaluate their cosmetic treatment options.
For those who are considering plastic surgery during the holidays, now may be a good time to meet with Dr. Azizzadeh. To schedule a treatment consultation with Dr. Azizzadeh, please contact us online or call us today at 310-564-2710.