Rhinoplasty, also known as a nose job or nose surgery, is used to improve the facial appearance and correct structural defects of the nose. It is an intricate procedure, and as such, patients should closely evaluate rhinoplasty surgery before they undergo treatment.
The CENTER for Advanced Facial Plastic Surgery in Los Angeles understands weighing the pros and cons of rhinoplasty surgery can be difficult. As part of our efforts to educate patients about nose surgery, let’s examine some of the topics surrounding this treatment.
What to Know About Rhinoplasty Surgery
Rhinoplasty is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures in the United States. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) reports nearly 300,000 rhinoplasty procedures were performed nationwide in 2019. In addition, the number of patients to undergo rhinoplasty surgery has increased 41% from 2000 to 2019.
There is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all rhinoplasty surgery. In fact, several rhinoplasty treatments are available, including:
- Ethnic Rhinoplasty: Accounts for a patient’s ethnic identity. Ethnic rhinoplasty describes any nose surgery that is performed on non-Caucasian patients.
- Nasal Reconstruction: Improves the facial appearance after an accident, nasal collapse, skin cancer, or trauma to the nose. Nasal reconstruction provides patients with their desired surgical outcomes and helps them maintain the integrity of the nasal function.
- Revision Rhinoplasty: Reshapes the nose following a primary rhinoplasty treatment. Revision rhinoplasty is ideal for patients who are unhappy with the cosmetic results of an initial nose job, or for those who need to restore the nasal function if it was impaired during a previous rhinoplasty.
- Teenage Rhinoplasty: Refers to nose surgery performed on a teenager. Teen rhinoplasty can be administered to teen girls as young as 15 years old and teen boys as young as 16. The procedure can be performed if a teen’s nasal anatomy has fully developed.
Dr. Babaak Azizzadeh is globally recognized for his head and neck surgery and facial plastic and reconstructive surgery expertise. He uses his expertise to perform rhinoplasty procedures that deliver long-lasting results.
Reasons for Rhinoplasty
- Change the appearance of the nose
- Fix a problem relating to a nose injury
- Resolve breathing problems
Dr. Azizzadeh requests a consultation with a patient before he performs rhinoplasty surgery. At this point, Dr. Azizzadeh can learn the reason why a patient is considering a nose job. He can also perform an evaluation to determine if a patient is a good candidate for nose surgery.
Everything to Know About Rhinoplasty Consultations with Dr. Azizzadeh
Dr. Azizzadeh uses a consultation to learn as much as he can about a patient and their treatment goals. He evaluates his patient’s facial appearance and medical history and learns about the patient’s treatment expectations.
If Dr. Azizzadeh determines a rhinoplasty is a safe, effective option for a patient, he crafts a treatment plan. Dr. Azizzadeh tailors a nose surgery treatment plan to his patient. This ensures the patient is well-equipped to achieve the full results of treatment.
Rundown of Rhinoplasty
The rhinoplasty treatment process involves three steps:
- Meet with Dr. Azizzadeh to discuss treatment.
- Follow preoperative instructions.
- Undergo treatment.
Rhinoplasty surgery can be performed at an outpatient facility or hospital. It is usually performed under local or general anesthesia. Dr. Azizzadeh uses an open or closed technique during rhinoplasty surgery. He chooses the technique that ensures he can safely and effectively reshape cartilage and bone in his patient’s nose.
Dr. Azizzadeh wants his patient to understand what to expect throughout rhinoplasty surgery. He provides details about how to prepare for treatment and what to expect on the day of surgery. Dr. Azizzadeh also offers postoperative care instructions and recovery tips.
Rhinoplasty Recovery Tips
Dr. Azizzadeh provides the following rhinoplasty recovery tips:
- Follow all postoperative care instructions
- Avoid smoking
- Avoid aspirin for at least a few weeks after surgery
- Avoid strenuous activities for at least a few weeks after surgery
- Limit sodium intake
- Keep the bandages dry
- Keep all dressings and splint in place for at least one week after surgery
- Keep the head elevated as much as possible
- Do not wear sunglasses or eyeglasses for at least six week
Patients who have questions regarding postoperative care should reach out to Dr. Azizzadeh. In doing so, they can receive additional support throughout the recovery process.
Share this Image On Your Site
How Long After Rhinoplasty Will It Take to See Results?
Everyone heals differently, and the nose job recovery time frame varies from patient to patient.
Most rhinoplasty patients see the full results of nose surgery within one to two years of treatment. At this time, a patient can enjoy a beautiful, natural-looking nose that complements their facial features.
Get Ready for Rhinoplasty Surgery
For those who are considering rhinoplasty surgery, meet with Dr. Azizzadeh. This allows a patient to learn about nose surgery and find out if he or she is eligible for treatment. Plus, Dr. Azizzadeh can offer tips and recommendations to help his patient get ready for rhinoplasty surgery.
Dr. Azizzadeh is happy to help patients prepare for rhinoplasty surgery. To learn more about nose surgery, please contact us online or call us at 310-657-2203 to schedule a rhinoplasty consultation.